Tuesday, March 20, 2007

1st 5K of the year complete!

on St. Patty's Day and me, I forget to wear anything green. Thought about buying some cute shamrock head boppers, but thought it would get annoying while running. Should have just dyed my hair green like about 100 other people did! Was a fun race, but man, can some people run fast!! I definitely need to work on my run because I did get beat by a 72-yr old man, but hey, the first placer finished in 14:45 - amazing! There was also an 83-yr old woman and a guy on crutches. Amazing what some people will do for fun. Me, I was just trying not to walk. Great job to my running buddies Tamera and Glen. OK, I only saw them at the start, but that's okay :-)


Have not trained since then as I came down with a horrible ear infection that went into my tonsils and gave me aches and chills all over. Luckily, it started Sunday night so I was able to use a sick day finally :-) Feel like I never get to take advantage of those, so I finally did and after going to the doctor and determining that I don't have strep throat, I laid in bed and read all day - yay!

Have been reading about sprint tri's and open water swims and found a great video that will hopefully prepare me for the open water swim. Check it out here.

That's it for now - back to my book :-)

No comments: