Saturday, May 12, 2007

Motel 6 vs. the Hyatt


Wow - has it really been a month since my last post? Time flies!
Had the great fortune of spending a weekend with the hubby mtn. biking in Moab and while I was grateful we weren't camping, the Motel 6, I've learned is just 1 step above camping! I know now why most hotels charge over $100/night and the Motel 6 is just $39.99! The towels are small and scratchy, the beds are not "heavenly"and the toilet paper feels like paper. You don't get a nice set of shampoo, bath gels, conditioner, shoe polish cloth, mending kit, etc. you get...a bar of soap!

While at the Hyatt Coconut Point in Bonita Springs, Fla that I was lucky enough to stay at last week for a conference, you get not only a beautiful room with a great bed, a mini fridge, TV, alarm clock, Internet connection, personal safe, luxurious towels, bath robe, 24 hr. gym, and complete spa kit for the bathroom -- you also get a mini starfish on your TP :-) Beautimous!! I took it the first day in hopes that they would replenish it the next day so I would have my own mini starfish collection by the time I checked out, but alas, I was only afforded one :-(

Business travel definitely has its advantages sometimes :-)

No comments: